Featured Post

I Became Addicted to Cozy Games

Since forever I've been basically obsessed with stealth and RTS games. Especially in the case of stealth games, I'd specifically make the game even more hardcore and much harder on myself than they normally are with self imposed challenges. But after going through some very tough real life situations and life becoming more and more stressful, I started finding myself hiding behind cozy and heart-warming games to forget about my problems for a short period of time.

I think cozy games are becoming quite the trend around the world too. Very recently Steam held a cozy games week where casual games like life sims or farming sims were discounted. There is even a free-to-play cozy MMO being developed called Palia, which I also am currently addicted to. Dinkum, another cozy farming sim, became extremely popular only a few days after it became available as early access.  

Animal Crossing, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, Palia, Story of Seasons, Hokko Life, Cozy Grove so on and on... There are some amazing selection of cozy games available for us to lose ourselves in. These games tend to be very easy to pick up as well. There are even variety streamers on Twitch or Tiktok that focus on streaming cozy games only. 

The more I spend time in these games, the less I seek out stealth or RTS games. I think I left them behind for good. I still miss them and catch live streams of such games but I lost the patience required to actively play them myself. Life is stressful enough as it is. I honestly can't tell if I'll get my stealth passion back. Until then I'm quite content with my selection of adorable casual games that simply make me feel good about myself.

Comments