Featured Post

Diablo 3 Season 2 is ending already????

Blizzard announced the ending dates of Season 2 as well as the starting dates of Season 3. Season 2 will be ending on April 5 and Season 3 will commence after 5 days, that is on April 10. Here are the dates and times for each region and time zone.

Season 2 ending dates and times for each region:

Europe: Sunday, April 5 @ 9:00 p.m. CEST

North America: Sunday, April 5 @ 9:00 p.m. PDT 

Asia: Sunday, April 5 @ 9:00 p.m. KST

Season 3 starting dates and times for each region:

Europe: Friday, April 10 @ 6:00 p.m. CEST

North America: Friday, April 10 @ 6:00 p.m. PDT 

Asia: Friday, April 10 @ 6:00 p.m. KST

While the first season took approximately 5 months, which many people found rather long as I read on the forums, the reasoning behind the only 2-month-lasting season could be to test the public reaction to a much shorter duration. I think Blizzard might be trying to find the two margins to apply their own Goldilocks Principle. According to this principle, if the community found 5 months too long and 2 months too short, then seasons should last 3-4 months. Another reason could be that Blizzard wants to implement Patch 2.2.0, highly anticipated and most likely the best patch that Diablo will ever get, with the start of a new season rather than in the middle of it.

I am also baffled a little by people finding 5 months too long. I think 5 months were great for a season. It is a SEASON after all... Not a bloody race. If 2 months will be the recurring duration of the seasons from now on, they should stop calling these "seasons" as it will be more about rushing (Rushers can rush but casuals shouldn't be forced to!). I wonder how many no-lifers actually play Diablo. Blizzard needs to realise that their casual gamers are overwhelmingly strong in numbers compared to no-lifers.


I'm quite upset about the 2 months per season idea. I just started to actually progress with my Monk as I finally found the best in slot items so I could start beating my records in Greater Rifts. After reaching this stage I wanted to dabble in other classes a little bit too. Come on Blizzard! I just leveled up my Crusader only days ago :'( I was really starting to enjoy my Witch Doctor on Hardcore as well! Now I will have to start from scratch all over again for Season 3... 

Well, of course we don't "have" to play seasons but as someone who is sort of addicted to customisation, new transmogrification and banner stuff are something I'd love to have. If I don't, I'll miss out on them and I'll never get them again. So basically for me to achieve that I have to play seasons. As for seasonal legendaries, they will be added to the general loot table after season ends anyway so I can sit tight until I can get them after 2 months... But basically, yea Season 3, here I come.... Not so willingly, though.... :/

Comments