Featured Post

Warlock Class Card from Hearthstone Curse of Naxxramas is Unveiled

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Finally the day I've been waiting for is upon us. I've been waiting for the announcement of Mage and Warlock cards for some time now and after the disappointment I had to go through with the Mage class card, I put too much hope into the new Warlock class card and this time I am chuffed to say that I am not disappointed at all! Warlock is currently my favourite class to play Hearthstone with and it will surely get a whole lot more interesting with the new class card called, Voidcaller!

You are definitely right when you say "So many possibilities" Gul'dan. Not as many as Shaman's new Rebirth but Voidcaller will certainly be a great card and we will see many strategies emerging around it. I should also note that I was thinking the card would be better if it were to put a minion from your "deck" into the battlefield rather than from your "hand". But then this would be too risky provided that you have Lord Jaraxxus in your deck. 

However of course there are some question marks. First of all I'm pretty sure that you won't be able to choose which demon to put into the battlefield, after all this minion can also die while it's your opponents turn (I just wish Blizzard would add "random" to these cards to make it crystal clear for some people). 

But what I am really wondering about is will the Battlecry function work? Priest spell Mindgames also put a random minion from the opponents deck into the battlefield similar to Warlock spell Bane of Doom, but Battlecry doesn't take effect with these sort of summoning spells. That's why I'm "almost" positive that Battlecry won't take effect with Voidcaller. This will have a huge advantage for us Warlocks as almost all of our demons either discard our cards or deal damage to our own hero. Can you even imagine having Baron Rivendare on the board as well? You will have 2 demons on the battlefield. Imagine 2 Pit Lords or 2 Doom Guards or 2 Dread Infernals. I can't wait!!!!!!!!! 

If you have a very strong minion in your hand but you have to wait for a couple of turns to use it, you can also use Sacrificial Pact on Voidcaller to immediately summon the strong minion to the battlefield. For only 4 mana you can summon for example Illidan which is a 6 mana card. 

But of course the best way to trigger the effect while also maintaining your board presence is to use a Void Terror to absorb Voidcaller, getting a 6/7 Void Terror in the process and summoning another demon from your hand into the battlefield for only 3 mana (provided you have one in your hand of course). I must get myself a Void Terror as soon as possible.... Warlocks were already interesting and they just got a lot better! Thank you Blizzard!

I am following the updates about Curse of Naxxramas price or release date very closely. As soon as this information is released I will share it with you. I'm afraid there is still no information available as to when Curse of Naxxramas will launch or how much per wing will cost. So we have to sit tight for a little while as only 2 class cards left for Blizzard to announce. I'd like to believe that more information will be available when all the new class cards are announced.

Comments