Featured Post

Hearthstone: Unleash the Hounds Balance Changes!!

I'll play the Harbinger of Doom/Horror role for all the Hunters out there in this post (don't worry though, despite the nerf you will still be overpowered) because Blizzard just announced the upcoming balance changes coming to the Hunter class in Hearthstone that I'd like to share with you.

As anyone who played against Hunters might know that a certain card needed some changes especially when it came to its mana cost as soon as possible. Of course the card I am talking about is the heavily dreaded Unleash the Hounds!


Before you Hunters panic and decide to end your lives, don't worry this nerf is not THAT huge. I'd have hoped for a higher increase in its mana cost but still, you simply won't be able to pull off a combo earlier with this upcoming change as it means you will only have to wait for 1 more turn. Basically with the upcoming update Unleash the Hounds will now cost 3 mana.

The strength of Unleash the Hounds comes from its only 2 mana cost and how well it synergises with the other Hunter cards as it can be paired really well with 2 mana cost Starving Buzzard for card draw and only 1 mana cost Timber Wolf to increase their attack. Hell I even played against Hunters who played 2x Starving Buzzards with 1x Unleash the Hounds in 1 bloody turn to double the card draw. That's how overpowered this card was! Even with the nerf I still think it is. I think the mana cost of this card should have been 4, not 3. Hell 2 is unacceptable! What the hell were they thinking?

I am so sick and tired of this stupid card to be honest. When I play against a Hunter I know all my minions  in my deck will go to waste because I'm too afraid to play more than 1 or 2 at the most cause otherwise I'll be giving my opponent a devastating advantage. Having board control with many minions against a Hunter doesn't mean a thing! So in my most games against Hunters I only play with 1 minion while I try to rely on my AoE and other spells to handle their minions or I make sure I trade one of my minions before I play another one ( I also prefer not to play 2 minions at the same time to avoid Multi-Shot). This game shouldn't be like that... No class has that sort of card advantage in the game with the exception of Warlocks and that's at the cost of their health and it's only 1 card for 2 mana.

I got so sick of Hunters that I decided to play one last night to finally see how it is on the other side. (I played 10 matches and 8 of them were against MAGES fgs!!! though I won the majority of them) I never had that killing UTH combo by some luck so I hated playing a Hunter but I stack by it and then in my last 2 games I finally managed to make a great combo with UTH. 

In my latest game my opponent was a Paladin who had 4 really strong minions on the board (1 of them had Taunt) and I had NOTHING!!! It was turn 8 or something. I had the Buzzard, x2 Wolf and the Owl but I was waiting for UTH when I finally got it in that turn. Oh did I make my opponent DREAD having played that many minions!! I think I drew like 6-7 cards in that turn and I still had enough mana to play some of the cards I got like Arcane Shot paired with Hunter's Mark. Having 2 Wolves also meant Hounds with 3 Attack so I could easily destroy the strong minions. (Such a shame that I don't have any Scavenging Hyena). Mana cost of UTH should be increased to 4....That's all I've got to say!


An opponent should never be punished THAT much for having board control. Yes there are other AoEs like Flamestrike that can also make you regret having that many minions on the board but it also gives your opponent some sort of disasvantage. Flamestrike is 7 mana after all and most likely your opponent will have too low mana to play a minion after that spell (not to mention there is no card draw) whereas UTH is like a Capital Punishment.

Anyway enough QQ, whereas not being "overly" excited about this change I'm still happy about it. What are your thoughts about this? Do you think it will be enough to "balance" the Hunters?

Comments