Featured Post

Hannibal is Renewed for Season 3!

Due to its low ratings us Hannibal fans were worrying over the shows renewal for another season. However I'm chuffed to bits that NBC made the right decision to pick up Hannibal for a third season. It is one of the best shows on the air after all. It is not the show's fault that the blind world hasn't discovered it yet...Just keep watching Vampire Diaries or some other rubbish like Teen Wolf...


Especially following probably the most shocking and haunting ending of a season in the history of television, Season 3 would have to be a must. But Season 2 ended in such a way that some fans would be left satisfied to some extent if the show wasn't actually renewed. I know I wouldn't though. Hannibal is one of those shows I just can't get enough of.

If you have watched season 2 finale, (SPOILER INCOMING) you know that every single major character except the character the show is named after is left dying with fatal wounds in Hannibal's flat. Will, Jack, Abigail (did you really believe she was "supposedly" dead? I didn't!) and Alana are currently in the process of going through a painful death. Speaking of this scene, Hannibal's stabbing of Will was one of the most intense moments I've witnessed on television after the finale of Breaking Bad. So naturally after such a finale, one would expect a new season to at least learn about the fate of those characters.

Speaking of Season 3, Hannibal creator Bryan Fuller also gives us some interesting insight as to what to expect for the third season.

The first thing Bryan Fuller reveals is that we will learn the first character to survive this ordeal in the second episode of the third season. This means even a longer wait than I hoped for. So I'm afraid we will not know who survived in the first episode of the incoming season. I strongly believe one of the survivors will be Will. Abigail is most likely dead. Well she did survive one slit to the throat before so I am not sure if she will survive this one but you never know. As for Jack, I am not sure. He's bled for quite some time and if he is not hospitalised soon he will die from blood loss. Things are not looking good for Jack! I am positive about Alana's survival as well. She was pushed off a window of a second story house and I don't believe her condition is as critical as the rest.   


Another information Bryan Fuller revealed about the new season is that Hannibal's witty psychiatrist Gillian Anderson is expected to be a major recurring character. This is news that I'm most excited about as I consider myself to be a huge Gillian Anderson fan and I think the role suits her perfectly. Her character is also intriguing and probably one of the smartest characters in the show.

Bryan Fuller also states in an interview that the Vergers might make a comeback in the third season. This is definitely a scenario I'd prefer the show to go for. Vergers were a huge part of the novels and I believe Michael Pitt is stunning as Mason Verger. I only hated Margot Verger's implementation. She was much more different in the novels in a positive way. I really dislike the current Margot. They should simply focus more on Mason instead of Margot. Margot is just not an interesting character in the show. I just wish they hadn't mutilated Mason this early on in the show. They could have stretched his story further before taking that route. On a side note, I also don't know how Mason can pronounce "M" , "P" or other bilabial consonants with no lips :D As someone who graduated from English Linguistics and as well as being a realist that did strike me as quite daft to be honest.


So let the long wait for the new season of Hannibal commence. It will be a tough one though. :(

Comments