Featured Post

Archangel Tyrael Figure Review

I have been a figure collector for many years now. Ever since high school actually. It's been about 7-8 years now since I have started collecting. I had to take breaks now and then but when I started working I made a promise to myself to keep up with this beautiful hobby as I had a stable income and didn't have to depend on my parents anymore. I've already got some beautiful pieces that I've purchased in this time frame so I thought to myself "Why don't I write about them on my blog?"

So I have created a new category: Figures. 

My first review will be of my latest addition and also the most expensive one I've ever purchased for myself. (I have a much more expensive piece but it was a gift from a close friend so that doesn't count). This figure is not that expensive in dollars but when you convert it to Turkish money it's actually a quarter of what I earn per month which makes it rather pricy. So the price was a bitter pill to swallow; however, when I received my figure I was overwhelmed by happiness as I thought it was worth every single penny!

And here it is: 1/8 Scale Diablo III Archangel Tyrael Figure!


Isn't he a beauty? Tyrael has been my favourite Diablo character ever since I started playing the game. He is followed by Baal and then Imperius. I desperately want a figure of Imperius as well and I certainly wouldn't mind paying premium for it but I guess that is not going to happen. Although just think about how fantastic an Imperius figure would look! Damn I'm lost in my vast imagination again.

Let me give you a general description of this Tyrael figure:
Scale: 1:8
Size: 28cm
Material: Polyresin Cast
Weight: 1.00kg

The figure comes in 4 parts. 2 parts are wings, 1 is body and the last one is the base. One of the most surprising things about this figure was the fact that wings are magnetic. I thought I would just secure the wings on pegs located at the back of the body but you simply hold a wing at a close proximity near the back and it connects automatically. That being said; however conventional that might sound there is a big disadvantage: The wings are heavy so in case there is a slight shake on my book shelf the wings might become flimsy or worse fall off and risk breaking. Which is why I instructed mum to be extra careful when she is dusting. I even told her to avoid the area where this figure is displayed completely.

                              
Another surprising thing was how bland Tyrael's sword looks. As you can see the overall figure is simply breathtaking with details I've never seen on a figure before. Which is why I don't understand why they didn't put more emphasis on the sword. That's the only part of the figure that just doesn't complement on the beauty of Tyrael, disappointing really. Tyrael's actual sword looks nothing like the one on the figure and the handle is outstandingly fancy. But this one looks like an apprentice sword. The sword is constructed much better and looks much more authentic on Mini Tyrael figure (review coming for that one as well). I wish they took Mini Tyrael's sword as an example :(


Apart from the lacklustre sword, the rest of the figure is nothing short of stunning. The box itself is quite attractive and the packaging was done brilliantly. However though, sadly when the package arrived 4 pieces were broken but I could easily fix it with super glue. Of course I blame the customs for that, I don't expect them to be delicate with whatever they inspect! But the figure itself seems to be quite fragile so you need to treat it as if it was a newborn puppy. I honestly don't believe it'd survive a fall so be extra careful when you are assembling the pieces.


I didn't notice any mistakes with the painting which is astonishing! Obviously a lot of hard work and tons of time have gone into this figure. I really have to admit that they have done a brilliant job with Tyrael and I feel very blessed to have this beautiful piece in my collection. Now I wanna go back to my dream world and continue imagining how heavenly an Imperius figure would look alongside my Tyrael! While I do that, here are more photos of the figure, don't forget to click on them to view in full size. Enjoy!!



                   

Comments

  1. Great Model and review! Tyrael is my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment