Featured Post

Homeland Season 3 Episode 6 "Still Positive" Recap: (SPOILER ALERT!)

As you can understand from the title this post will contain a major spoiler from the latest episode of Homeland. So If you haven't watched the sixth episode of the third season of Homeland yet I suggest you stop reading now or do so at your own risk.


So if you have watched the latest episode then you know what actual title of the episode refers to. Carrie's "positive" pregnancy tests. A whole lot of them too... tucked neatly inside her top drawer. Spooky? Yea well this is Carrie Mathison, nothing is too spooky with her.

What I don't understand though is how reckless she could be. We are after all talking about a CIA operative. She knows the devil is in the details, and I'm sure being a genius she is very well aware of protection too :D One would think that she'd be careful with that even if her partners weren't. 



I have two nominations for who the dad is. Well the obvious choice is of course Nicholas Brody. They were pretty active too and judging by the number of the pregnancy tests and the timeline of their relationships as well as Brody escaping the country it all adds up for him be the best candidate for the highly acclaimed, or not, position. Second one is very unlikely but I don't always want to go for the most obvious choice so I always try to think of 2-3 different scenarios. Well I forgot the name of the guy (You probably realised by now that I tend to do that a lot, I have some health issues as a serious excuse for that), but do you remember the guy that Carrie asked to stay in for a day? She also didn't have any money left so she stole some when she left very early in the morning. Well I think it "could" be that guy too even though it doesn't make 100% sense. Brody will probably end up being the dad but whatever. Doesn't hurt to have different theories does it?

Anyway I don't "actually" care about who the dad is. I care about how this could affect the show. Cause it REALLY will. In a very very bad way. Since when did we witness a TV show that in fact got improved after the main character either got pregnant or knocked somebody up? NONE! They all went downhill from that. I fear the same will happen with Homeland. I really don't want Homeland to share the same faith and I really don't understand what the hell the writers were thinking. I can't even grasp it. It's such a stupid twist and unnecessary too. The show was in one word, fantastic up until this point. I don't want to be right about this at all but I strongly think that the show will suffer horribly from this.


Obviously there are two choices for Carrie. I really wish they'd just have her get an abortion and be done with it and move on with her life without speaking a word of this. Hello CIA is having a crisis, it is no time for a baby! But for obvious morality issues they won't have her do that. My god I really hate babies... The second choice is crystal clear too, she'll decide to have the baby. But more different scenarios could come from that like during a mission or an interrogation she'll suffer a blow to the belly and she'll lose the baby or yada yada yada and she'll suffer a massive psychologic breakdown, of course not for the first time, and she'll end up quitting CIA :D It doesn't matter what the scenario is after she chooses the latter. The quality of the show will decrease no matter what. It could even be so bad that they'll want to pull the plug after fourth or fifth season. Can you imagine Carrie taking care of a baby too? I mean would we really want to watch that? I wouldn't!


By the way I'm really starting to dislike this season. The show revolves around Brody, and where the hell is he? Venezuela I know I know but where is he ON SCREEN? Aren't you sick and tired of watching Dana and her teenager issues? Yea of course the show will also focus on how the recent events affected Brody's family, I'm all for that hell I even support it. But I don't want that many details. The show only has like 42 minutes runtime already so they shouldn't waste those minutes with unnecessary material. It also feels like Dana is the only one who is affected by the events. Her younger brother Chris is... well younger but we don't see him with any issues. He seems perfectly impassive towards everything too. Nothing that much really going on with Jessica either so it's only Dana. If they really want to focus more on the family then Chris will need more screen time. Anyway I'm hoping that as Dana has left the house to move in with her friend we'll see less of her now. This still doesn't change the fact that we really need to see more Brody! I wish I knew what they were waiting for. At this rate the season will end with only 2-3 episodes showing him.

Comments