Featured Post

Stephen King's horror classic Pet Sematary is getting a remake


One of my favourite stories of Stephen King's is getting a remake. I must admit I'm tired of all these remakes as they are usually much worse than the original but as for The Shining I found the mini series remake as well executed as the original movie. It sure stuck to the novel a great deal more than the movie although the acting in the movie was much better than the mini series.

Anyway 28 Weeks Later, another movie I really like, director Juan Carlos Fresnadillo is in talks to lead the Paramount's project. Lorenzo di Bonaventura joined by Steven Schneider are producing the remake while Matt Greenberg and David Kajganich are writing the script.

As you know the story centres around a family that moves to a new house located right next to a pet cemetery that brings the creatures that are buried back to life. But of course those animals are no longer the cute companions their owners used to play with. They are evil! :P

As much as I don't have hopes for any remakes (Evil Dead remake was sooooooooooooooo bad, Evil Dead is not Evil Dead without Bruce Campbell, and yes I did watch the credits!) I really wish this one will be at least half decent as I really love the story and enjoyed reading the novel as well as watching the original movie. So don't mess our beloved Pet Sematary up!

Comments