Featured Post

Meet Akira, My Best Friend, Proud to be a Dog Mommy!

I have been way too tired from work lately that I decided to visit my parents who stay at our summer house that is about an hour away from where I go to work. My parents have been staying there for about a little more than two weeks with my beloved dog, Akira. It was the first time that I haven't seen her in such a long time. 

I had all this negative energy I needed to unload. With the things that have been happening lately and all the feeling of being forsaken (hence the name of this blog) I just HAD to see her. 

So after work on last saturday, yes I work on saturdays too, I went to my doctor appointments and suddenly decided to pay them a visit. I'd have gone there about 3 hours earlier if I hadn't had these appointments so I had been planning on visiting them the next week but as I said, I HAD to see her.

So after a long and painful bus ride I finally reached my destination. I asked mom to bring Akira to the bus stop but she thought it'd be better for us to unite inside the warmth of our summer home. And believe me when I say that she made it even warmer.

After not seeing each other for so long we went into a hug and lick frenzy which was unbelievably fun. She even knocked me over while hugging. This beautiful welcome of hers kept on for about 15 more minutes which was much more than she ever did before which reassured me that she really loves me. I knew from that moment on that it'd be a fantastic weekend filled with hugs and long daily walks. Well, it was also filled with barks but that's okay!

This morning when I set off for my journey to go to work, things have never been that emotional for either of us. After a long hug she saw me off with cries and tears as the door between us closed. Luckily I had sunglasses on which helped me hide my own tears. Hearing her cry even more while I was walking down the stairs was too painful for me to even describe with words. While talking on the phone with mom during my lunch break I asked how Akira reacted after I left. She said she hid under a table and cried but apparently that was until she started barking while mom vacuumed the house. 

I already can't wait for the next weekend to arrive so I can see her again. It's been about 8 hours since my departure from our summer home but I already feel like I haven't seen her in years. That's how much I miss and love my beautiful dog, my one and true friend Akira.

Don't you think she is adorable too??

As for number 1 on my list, if all goes according to plan it will be revealed tomorrow. I'm off to watch Dexter now. Enjoy! :)


Comments