Featured Post

World of Warcraft: Legion Opening Cinematic Trailer Revealed at BlizzCon 2015!

One of the things I was looking forward to the most at World of Warcraft panel was the opening cinematic trailer to the upcoming World of Warcraft expansion; Legion. I swear the return of Illidan has got nothing to do with this. Ok I am lying, he plays a pretty huge part.

If you have already watched the trailer and know a thing or two about me from my previous posts, you might predict what is coming up in this one. It will be filled with whines! Oh I will whine! I will whine A LOT! Why? BECAUSE ILLIDAN WASN'T IN IT!!! For an expansion to be revolved around Burning Legion, which Illidan hates with his whole being, and collaboration of Alliance and Horde forces to defeat them with the aid of Illidan, I really expected a couple of seconds of him.


I think the trailer is still really impressive but also a let down and a step down compared to previous cinematic trailers. It can't even be compared to the likes of Wrath of the Lich King cinematic. I found it focusing too much on the Alliance side for my sake, sorry but my blood flows red, but I couldn't help but cheer when I saw SYLVANAS! She was my inspiration when I named this blog "Forsaken" so obviously she and her story mean a lot to me. Ps, I can't wait for 3 Windrunner sisters to reunite, Sylvanas, Alleria and Vereesa! That will be such a highlight moment in this expansion!


Nonetheless I really couldn't help but wish seeing Illidan help Varian and Sylvanas fight off the Legion, even if it's for only 2-3 seconds. Let's imagine the following scenario: Just as Sylvanas was helping Varian, she could have been attacked as well and then Illidan would help her, a little nod would take place between them and then Illidan would fly back to battle somewhere else. This 2-3 seconds would add so much meaning to Horde, Alliance and Illidan with his Illidari Demon Hunters teaming up to destroy the Legion once and for all. It would be such a great moment to see everyone helping each other fight the Legion in the trailer, it would also help it remain more neutral. Instead we got a picture of Anduin Wrynn :P Such a waste!

I can't believe Blizzard passed on this chance! I am one unhappy Illidan fangirl :'( I will never forgive them for not making Illidan's mouth move as he spoke in Burning Crusader cinematic... What a failure that was!!!

World of Warcraft: Legion Opening Cinematic Trailer:


Don't get me wrong! It's still a great trailer though but I just have to whine again!!! I can't help it! I'd prefer some Illidan action instead of constantly looking at a picture of Anduin Wrynn :P But I will forgive this one just because of Sylvanas!!! Anyway, again another visually stunning trailer by Blizzard. Be honest though, doesn't this trailer look MUCH better than that Warcraft movie trailer?

Can anyone teach me how to shut my Illidan fangirl mode off please? I can't do it myself :'(

Comments