Featured Post

Goodbye Hannibal, It was Great Knowing You! :'(

Hannibal said its goodbye with a fantastic finale that left me quite satisfied unlike most series. While the open-ended ambigious finale can leave something to be desired for certain people, it also leaves the possibility open for a season 4 if the show is to be revived in the coming years.


There are tons of different theories about the very final scene with Bedelia and all these various opinions are amazing. I love it when finales are left open ended like that so people will believe what they want to believe based on what they have seen in the scenes and how they interpreted them.


Spoiler... Earlier in the episode Bedelia tells Will when he asks if Hannibal is in love with him; "You can't live with him, you can't live without him". Will, aware of this fact, decides that he might as well stop living altogether. In an oddly romantic scene (I am disappointed that there wasn't a kiss! :P), Will embraces Hannibal and jumps off the cliff to certain death, holding Hannibal with him. I say certain death because this is my interpretation. 

Spoiler... I am of the opinion that the very last scene after the credits with Bedelia's leg on the menu took place before the fight between Dolarhyde, Hannibal and Will. So in my theory, Hannibal and Will consumed Bedelia and then the fight happened leading to the ending I mentioned above that I found very poetic.

Spoiler... Other theories include Hannibal and Will surviving the fall and consuming Bedelia after all these events took place or Bedelia going crazy and deciding to prepare herself for supper as she knew Hannibal would do it eventually. Realistically, I can't think of a way for Hannibal and Will to survive. I guess the water would be deep enough for them to survive the fall from the cliff but they were quite wounded to begin with from the fight with Dolarhyde. But a lot of characters survived from some pretty insane wounds in the past so I guess you can never be truly certain when it comes to Hannibal.


Anyway, enough theorising about the finale as it can be endless. I just wanted to pay tribute to this wonderful series that made the last 3 years similar to what Bedelia says to Will. "Can't live with it", because waiting for episodes to air is suffocating, "Can't live without it", because TV is already filled with so much garbage that without Hannibal, we will be lost. My emotions about Hannibal cancellation remains the same. 

So, especially for us Fannibals; the challenge is on: It is time to find the next gem!

However, I didn't believe that I could find my new show to be obsessed about, especially in such a short time but I found it! Mr. Robot! I will write an introductory post about Mr. Robot, its story and why I find it so exciting in the coming days. Until then, be sure to check out its magnificent pilot, I'm sure it will leave you wanting more so much that you will possibly end up binge watching the whole season until this slacker, yours truly, writes the damn post :P


Comments