Featured Post

I am Pretty Torn About Hannibal Cancellation :'(

So... a couple of days ago NBC announced that the network cancelled Hannibal, one of my most beloved shows. As a rather hardcore Fannibal myself, this news was not taken very well. NOT AT ALL! 

I feel consumed by my sadness, sorrow and disappointment at this news. A couple of posts ago about another subject; I said something along the lines of "This is the best TV news in 2015". News of Hannibal cancellation is exactly the opposite. Easily "The worst TV news in 2015!"


Yes, we know the show was struggling with the ratings almost ever since it first aired. Yes, we also know the ratings kept dropping each episode, let alone each season. For some reason I still would like to believe that NBC could have done much more to draw more people in. The show already had such a dedicated fanbase that it shouldn't be THAT difficult to grow the audience. But no... Audience these days only wants to see some brainless superhero flicks. Yes, hate me all you want. I just called it brainless! Deal with it!

It is such an upsetting news that Hannibal is nearing its end as Season 3 will be its final season on NBC. While the Hannibal creator Bryan Fuller says there is about a 50% chance of the show being picked up by another network or another platform to continue, there is still the other 50% chance that it won't. 

My pessimism has already accepted that it is the end of Hannibal. That doesn't mean I don't hope from the bottom of my heart and being that somehow this show will continue as I believe it to be among the best shows that is on the air as of now. 

I personally don't want to see Marvel rubbish in every direction I look. They consumed the big screen already and now TV is being totally invaded by Marvel or some other comic material. Enough already! Some of us need our original, creative and dark humour material that will challenge our minds with the heavy symbolism and endless puzzles.

There is a lot more to say about this decision. I have a lot more to say about how I feel. But in the end it all comes down to one final conclusion. Cancelling Hannibal is HURTFUL!

Even if this is Hannibal's end, its special place in my heart will never end and I will always hold this show dear and close to me. I just wish some people could have realised this beautiful hidden gem for what it is and the show could be saved. I wish it wasn't too late! Goodbye Hannibal. The journey you took us on was an amazing experience while it lasted. Thank you.

Comments