Featured Post

Steam Summer Sale Galore!

I still consider myself new to the Steam scene. Sure, I've had my Steam account for over 3 years now but I've only recently started using it properly for about a year now. I generally skipped any kind of Steam sale and I had a pretty good track record of 0 purchased games on sales so far :D Well that was until this Steam Summer Sale.


There were some games I set my eyes on months before and I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't miss the sale this time. Well I've never let my consumerist persona run loose like that but I might have gone a little bit insane. Of course I am not comparing myself to some of my friends on my list who bought over 30 games but I probably lost the control I think I had. I still bought nothing compared to what some of my friends purchased but I still bought a lot more than I expected I would. And I actually didn't spend a dime for more than half of them...

I had a limited Steam Wallet before the sale. I added the funds weeks before sale and I was gonna buy War for the Overworlds and Lumo. After I bought these two games I had a major dilemma: Multiple Indie games vs Alien Isolation. I went with multiple Indie games and bought 3 games instead of Alien Isolation. Thus my Steam Wallet was depleted.

But this wasn't the end of my Summer Sale escapades. I realised that I was hoarding more than 7 tabs of trading cards in my inventory. I had no idea why I kept them as I wasn't trading anyway so I started selling trading cards like it was my full time job. I decreased 7 tabs to 3 and bought 5 games alone with the cards I sold on Steam community market.


So let's draw a summary of how my Steam Summer Sale 2016 went:

Games I was gifted by my fellow friends <3:
  • Alien Isolation Complete Pack (My dilemma I mentioned above was pointless after all)
  • Everybody's Gone to the Rapture 
  • The Vanishing of Ethan Carter + The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux
  • This War of Mine
  • Contrast
  • The 39 Steps
Games I purchased with my Steam Wallet:
  • War for the Overworld
  • Lumo
  • Mafia II Joe's Adventures DLC (sadly I'm still missing Jimmy's Vendetta and The Betrayal of Jimmy)
  • Spy Chameleon - RGB Agent
  • Invisible, Inc
  • Not the Robots
Games I purchased by selling Steam trading cards:
  • The Book of Unwritten Tales II
  • Sneaky Sneaky
  • Quell
  • Knights
  • Frankenstein: Master of Death
My principle for the sale was that I'd only use my Steam Wallet. I promised myself that I would never use my credit card. However, I broke this principle for one time only and bought this:
  • Bioshock Infinite + Season Pass
Thus my first real adventure with a Steam Sale is concluded. It was a lot of fun! I purchased and was gifted some fantastic games. Until next time! ;)

Comments