Featured Post

Contrast and Thomas Was Alone 100% Completed!

Contrast and Thomas Was Alone join my 100% completed games on Steam. I currently have 54 (55 if we count base game of Fallout 4 without its DLCs) 100% completed games on my Steam account and I feel somewhat accomplished with this number. 


I really enjoyed playing Contrast except for platforming in shadows and insanely fast paced movement from the main character. The atmosphere in the game is pretty awesome and I thoroughly enjoyed the story. I particularly loved the voice acting too as it elevated the narrative. Contrast is full of amazing easter eggs so discovering all these pop culture references while working on collectible achievements felt quite entertaining. 

Contrast wasn't a very hard game to get full completion at all; however, it has a lot of missable achievements. The game has chapter select so it's rather easy to go back to a certain chapter to get the missing achievements. I'd recommend Contrast to anyone who enjoys a very solid story telling and easygoing puzzles.


Thomas Was Alone is a different story though. It truly made me realise why I hate platformers so much. I hated the controls too, I spent half of the time in a level just trying to pick the right rectangle. In some levels you are required to pick a certain rectangle, jump with that and immediately select another certain rectangle to jump on top of the first rectangle you jumped with. I don't know if this was an easy task on controllers but it was such a torture on the keyboard. The game was a lot of fun when it focused on puzzles rather than platforming but I absolutely hated the time I wasted on those bloody jumps I mentioned. Thomas Was Alone had a solid storytelling as well. Those rectangles have more character and personality than the characters from some other games. 


Thomas Was Alone is an extremely easy game to get all its achievements. The collectibles are quite hard to miss and you can easily select a chapter if you happen to miss one. The rest of the achievements are just jumping, dying and finishing the story. Anyone who likes platformers and puzzles will adore Thomas Was Alone. So if you're one of those gamers I strongly recommend this game for you.


Ps; I also completed Sneaky Sneaky but I am thinking of writing a more detailed review for it so I'm keeping that post for later. Although I really should start working on that review before I forget the game :P I honestly can't tell what's keeping me from writing it! I'm currently working on Unmechanical achievements, I should be done with it very soon. I'll update the blog once I'm done.

Comments