Featured Post

Flesh and Bone Cancellation Thoughts

Ever since I heard about the production of a show like Flesh and Bone, I was pretty excited to get something unique on TV for once. When I first read about Flash and Bone, to me it seemed to be ballet show from the first look but after watching all the episodes; I thought limiting this show like that would be barely scratching the surface.

Even though the beginning paragraph of this post might sound like this will be a review, it isn't the case. I will still briefly talk about my feelings about the show; however, the main purpose of this post is to convey my sadness regarding its cancellation.

Sarah Hay and Sascha Radetsky
Yes, Flesh and Bone is not a magnificent show by any means. The acting isn't great, the writing is decent enough but it's a visually stunning series that is lacking on TV these days. Dancing was absolutely breathtaking and flawless especially from our lead Sarah Hay and of course Sascha Radetsky, Ben Daniels was displaying one of the best performances of his career (Golden Globe snub!!), our ears were treated to some incredible music and last but not least, it was such a pleasant surprise to see Alex from So You Think You Can Dance as an extra. These factors should be more than enough to keep a show going especially considering what we see on TV these days. It makes me so sad that in reality, they aren't enough!

Ben Daniels
We had a similar visually magnificent show like Hannibal, which had fantastic acting AND story, and was still cancelled so unfortunately I am not surprised that Flesh and Bone also had the same fate. What is it that these shows are doing wrong? Can anyone please enlighten me?

Why do these visual series keep getting cancelled? Why are our TVs filled with comic stuff these days? Isn't it enough that they are already consuming the big screens? Do we really have to drown in them on TVs too? Why do we keep having shows like Supergirl, Flash etc while shows like Hannibal and Flesh and Bone keep getting cancelled? I am so furious! I also happen to know I'm a minority with this opinion. If there were many people who thought like me, none of these shows would get cancelled in the first place!


I guess there is nothing left to do but to archive Flash and Bone in hopes of re-enjoying it in the future (possibly fast forwarding the nude scenes except Sascha's of course :P) when TV becomes nothing but a medium for super heroes to come alive from the comics. I don't mean to offend anyone who enjoys these materials but you shouldn't deny the fact that they are overwhelming pretty much any form of media right now. I just ask for a bit of a balance between genres and some originality instead of adapted materials over and over again! Goodbye Flesh and Bone.  

Comments