Featured Post

Mad Max is Unplayable Due to a Map Bug!

I picked up Mad Max about a month ago but due to circumstances out of my control, I only got a chance to play it recently.

When I first started playing Mad Max about 6 days ago I took a break from my life so much that when I finished all of the story and side missions in the game in 3 days, I already had an approximately 86% completion. However, the past 2 days have been impossible to play due to a map bug that's been haunting the community for more than a month.

This bug basically makes the game unplayable because you can't open your map. Tab, the assigned button for map, doesn't work. This option is also removed from keyboard settings so you can't even assign another key to it. You simply can't have your map. You can have that tiny minimap but the actual map can't be seen. Thus, you can't use fast travel, you don't know where you are going because there are no indications, it is almost impossible to drive from A to B because you can't see where B is and so on and on...

The possibility for an open world game with a huge map like Mad Max to have such a glitch is unimaginable to me. It makes the whole game impossible to play. 

Certain workarounds and possible fixes have been suggested by the community but these don't work for everyone. For example, such fixes are reported to be events in the game that result in a cutscene. This could be; discovering a new balloon (fast travel location), picking up scraps, refueling your car, finishing your current mission, starting a new mission, exploring a new stronghold, finishing all projects in a stronghold etc. I have all the balloons and strongholds discovered and missions completed so it is impossible for me to try those fixes. However, the very few ones I could try, didn't work! 


There is a developer response on Steam explaining that they are aware of the issues especially after the latest patch and they are working on a fix. This response was posted about 8-9 days ago and people have been complaining about this bug for almost more than a month. It's just that the possible fixes don't work for anyone anymore after the latest patch. 

I at least did get a chance to finish the story mode and side missions so I saw the ending of the story. But I feel deeply sorry for the people who are only 4-5 hours into the game and they barely even finished the first zone and they can't play anymore due to the glitch or the ones that are in the midway with their progress or the ones that are so close to finishing the game. It has been reported that creating a whole new game and starting from scratch bring back the map but after spending 20-30 hell some even more than 50 hours, why would anyone start from scratch? I merely wanted to get my 100% completion or at least make an attempt at it but I have no way of knowing where anything is anymore.

I am hoping for a fix as soon as possible, not for me because I have Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, birthday gift from my beloved brother, being shipped to me tomorrow. So I'll be busy with something else and again, I did finish Mad Max story line and side missions so it was just some races and picking up scraps/story relics to get 100% completion. But I want this glitch to be fixed because most of the others didn't get their money's worth and they can't even get refunds.

Edit: As of now, the glitch is fixed in the latest patch so we finally have our maps back up and running! :)

Comments

  1. Well said. I am blown away that this has happened. I have sent messages via twitter to Avalanche Studios and have not heard back. It's extremely frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://steamcommunity.com/app/234140/discussions/0/490121928343352400/

      This is the link for the developer response if anyone is interested. It's been 9 days. They should have come up with a fix days ago :'(

      Delete
  2. Same for me on PS4. 48 hours in and touchpad will no longer open map. Finished missions and still no map. Unplayable now. The worst glitch I have ever experienced on a console in 20 years. Disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whao lucky me, thought of buying this game, guess i will skip this title.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why don't you just get a map of the mad max world and navigate. You know, just like how they used to do it in the old days......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had all the time in the world and provided I also enjoyed the game so much that I couldn't live if I didn't play it, I'd do what you say. However, as neither are true I will not waste time, nor should anyone else be expected to.

      Delete
  5. Yes highly aggravating. I'm actually love this game but now that I can't open the map it's almost useless. I've tried everything stated above and still nothing. Hopefully they fix it asap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to report that as of Jan 18, 2016, the map bug has returned. I have already attempted some of the suggested workarounds, none of which have had any effect so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch that's very sad to hear. I haven't played the game in months so I am not really up to date with latest patches or new/old bugs appearing.

      Delete

Post a Comment