Featured Post

Call of Duty Black Ops III Reveal Trailer: Enough with the Futuristic Rubbish!

Activision's upcoming Call of Duty Black Ops III just revealed its trailer and I must admit that I am quite unhappy with it! Judging by the comments on Youtube, I am not alone either.


As I mentioned in the title of this post, we are facing yet another very futuristic Call of Duty gameplay. The robots in the trailer feels like they have been stolen from the movie Elysium. Not to mention the bow from Halo. 

I am really tired of this futuristic rubbish; these high functioning, top technology EXO suits, these unrealistic and totally dull "super" powers... The recent Call of Duty games have all been taking this path and it's getting tiresome. Yes, I get it; technology is advancing every day and that's great. But I don't want that being reflected on every single FPS. All these games with different titles end up giving us the exact same gameplay.

I really miss the first Call of Duty games with WW II story line. Remember when we had to take down guards with our sniper rifles instead of pushing a button to activate some kind of stealth cloak? Remember when we had to fight our way through relentless enemy troops instead of skipping them with our borderline ridiculous suits equipped with boost jumps or grappling hooks? Remember those exhilarating tank battles that later turned into one-shotting every vehicle with some over the top "suit"? Remember when we actually had to target to be able to take down enemies with our grenades before they became "smart" enough to target by themselves? Now those were good times!! 

Will I play Call of Duty Black Ops III? Hell yea, but will I enjoy it? I am quite pessimistic about that... I really didn't enjoy Advanced Warfare either. The only tolerable factor in that game was Kevin Spacey and he was the only reason why I kept playing the game until I finished it!!!!! <3

After my ranting, check out the Reveal Trailer below:

 

Comments