Featured Post

Curse of Naxxramas Plague Quarter Launch Problems Continue!!

Hello, I know it's been about a week since my last post and recently most of them have been about Hearthstone. I assure you I have more reviews coming up from Valiant Hearts The Great War to Angry Birds Epic. I just haven't had enough time to write those reviews yet. Also mostly my days are filled with Hearthstone so I feel like writing about it more than anything else for the moment as I am not even watching any movies to write reviews on.


Anyway enough with the cheap excuses behind my slacking now let's get to the real issue at hand here. Today marks the launch of the second wing, that is Plague Quarter, for the highly anticipated Hearthstone new Adventure Mode Curse of Naxxramas. However, again especially us on EU servers are faced with some incredibly annoying and serious problems. Though unlike last week, this time the problem was far more serious than some crashes, freezes or lags. No, this was a really big fail for Blizzard and currently Hearthstone forums are filled with complaints. For someone who has NEVER opened a thread on any official Blizzard forums, even I felt the need to open up a thread and pour my heart out like I'm about to do here.

Apparently there is some error with purchasing the new wing. What's worse is that you might end up not unlocking the wing successfully as there is a problem affecting the purchase authorization system and what's EVEN worse than that is you might end up losing your gold like I did. I had approximately 2350 gold saved up before I bought the wing. Authorization failed about 4 times until on my 5th attempt authorization was finally complete. However, of course incredibly excited poor old me wasn't aware of what was about to happen. Now I am down to 250g.............

So let's do some basic math. I am not even good at math but Hearthstone makes one good at counting and adding up numbers as missing a lethal could be pretty embarrassing right? I had 2350 gold before I purchased the wing. The wing costs 700g. So 2350-700=1650. I currently have 250g left for some reason. So 1400g has just VANISHED! 1400g is a lot of work and I spent MONTHS to save up as much as 2350.

There is a blue post saying that the technical team is aware of the issue and they are investigating the subject. I'm afraid there is still yet to be a blue post indicating the affected accounts be somehow compensated. So we still have no way of knowing if we'll have our gold back. Some people are saying that they got a 700g refund but even that is unacceptable for me because I lost 1400g not 700 so I want all of it back. If not I want 7 Expert Packs AND 700g for compensation.

So yea in short another devastating launch day for us poor losers on EU servers. I'm just sick and tired of these problems and how they always manage to affect EU and not any other server. Don't get me wrong, I don't want players from other servers to face these problems but it's always EU experiencing such issues. Apply yourself Blizzard, if you don't compensate people for this mistake you will lose a lot of players. I for one might leave if I get 0 in return for my 1400g loss. 


As for Plague Quarter, it's the most entertaining and at the same time the most annoying thing Blizzard has ever created for Hearthstone. I managed to bring down Noth the Plaguebringer on Heroic Difficulty pretty easily on my 3rd attempt with a fairly basic Priest deck. I probably was incredibly lucky too in the process. I'll work on heroic Heigan and Loatheb tomorrow but of course I can't guarantee that I'll be able to kill them as they are quite tricky; however, I plan on writing a short and easy to understand guide on Noth Heroic Difficulty tomorrow with a screenshot of the deck I used. So until then, good night and have fun my fellow readers <3

Comments

  1. Now that there's been over a day since the release date, it's safe to say it's more than just error. This is major, people are complaining not only about their lost gold, but lost real money and no wing unlocked. Not to mention the fact that the service wasn't provided on time.
    Time showed it's not only EU thing - NA complains as well. In fact, NA's "complain about lost money/gold) thread is longer than the one on EU atm. (official battlenet forums)

    What will happen with the next wing release? How would you judge Blizzard's performance? What will Blizz do to avoid future conflicts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea at the time of my post Curse of Naxxramas second wing wasn't available to NA servers; however after 8 hours of my post when Plague Wing was released for NA a lot more people started complaining so it seems the current problem is affecting both EU and NA servers at the same time.

      What's worse is that there is still no progress. Some people have 9 hours of pending authorization problems while some people lost 2100g and still couldn't unlock the wing, some people like me unlocked the wing but lost a lot of gold or REAL MONEY in the process due to multiple successful purchases. For failed purchases Blizzard promised gold/cash refund in 10 minutes but people are saying that even after 7 hours they still didn't receive their refunds. The shop is closed for some players, some people can't even do an Arena run, and some people can't even purchase packs.

      People are losing ranks as they are facing other people with the new cards and Loatheb is the type of card that really makes a difference, so people who didn't even get a chance to unlock Loatheb yet are losing their games due to their opponents having the new cards (Imagine a mirror match between two miracle rogues).

      Blizzard has always had problems on any launch day but it has been never this serious before and there is still not a single satisfactory blue post anywhere to be found on official Hearthstone forums. All they say is that they are investigating.

      I'm increasingly getting worried that most issues will not be resolved and many of us will not get our refunds. I suggested having the next wings unlocked on our account for free for each multiple successful purchase we made for Plague Wing but I got 0 response. So according to my suggestion I lost 1400g so it would mean I'd get 3rd and 4th wing unlocked automatically for free. But I have 0 hope for any sort of refunds/compensation and this has been the biggest failure in the history of Blizzard. I really hope for their sake is that they will find a way out of this.

      You are also right about questioning the release of the next wings. We've had problems with the first two wings now so what will happen next week when Military Wing is released and what will happen the week after that? Pardon my French and I've never been this rude on any online platform before so this is a first time for me but Blizzard needs to get their shit together.

      Delete

Post a Comment