Featured Post

Plants vs Zombies 2 It's About Time Gets Dark Ages Update

The anticipation is "partly" over because Dark Ages part 1 update has just been released for Plants vs Zombies 2 It's About Time. The content is fairly short and currently includes only 10 levels, 10 being the Gargantuar boss. But it also includes new types of plants and zombies, one of which can deflect projectiles, as well as new costumes for your fellow plants.

Dark Ages is not even fully here yet but there is already a shadowed 6th world. What could it be? :D My bet is that it will have a roof/tile sort of gameplay like we did in the original Plants vs Zombies where we had to fight off zombies on our roof. It could also include a pool. I certainly loved both of those gameplays.

So how do you unlock Dark Ages in PvZ2? Well it's pretty simple, all you need to do is to finish the 8th level in previous worlds and defeat the Gargantuar boss in order to get a World Key. By using this World Key you can unlock the 5th world in PvZ2 without paying any actual money.

Though I must admit that I am wondering about the thought process of the developers to decide releasing Dark Ages in two parts. I'd have preferred to wait a little bit longer to get the full version. Right now this feels like a small teaser to build us up. Exactly like what Blizzard is doing with Curse of Naxxramas right now.


My personal opinion is that Dark Ages is the most entertaining world so far. The introduction of cheap mushrooms is great but what's more is that Dark Ages comes with a major advantage. As you won't be getting any sun power with the exception of plants (well it's dark so you can't expect sun power to fall from the sky right?), you will really like this new change. 

I am sure many of you remember the gravestones in Ancient Egypt. Well these gravestones decided to make a comeback with Dark Ages but with a twist! Some of these gravestones are marked with the sun power icon. What this means is that when you destroy a gravestone marked with sun power, voila! You get 100 sun power! So Grave Busters with 0 sun cost to destroy these gravestones will become an essential commodity in any Dark Ages level in order to boost up your economy as soon as possible. These gravestones can also be marked with the plant food icon. As you can predict, destroying that gravestone will earn you a plant food.

You will gain extra sun when you destroy a gravestone marked with a sun icon. This can very well be a plant food icon as well.
As far as mushrooms go Sun-shroom is currently my favourite. It only cost 25 sun and produces 25 sun. While you obviously might think that is not enough, check this out; these Sun-shrooms grow! When they grow they naturally produce more sun. So you will start producing 25 sun in the beginning but as the game progresses that sun will increase to 50 and then 100! Believe me it doesn't take that long for those mushrooms to fully grow. My first tactic was to build up some regular Sunflowers from the suns I gathered via Sun-shrooms and defend myself with Cabbage-pult while I destroyed graves with Grave Buster and 0 sun cost Puff-shroom. I also had Potato Mine, Wall-nut and Iceberg Lettuce in my inventory to handle the first few waves so after creating a couple of Sun-shrooms and destroying marked graves, I had so much sun power that I regretted picking a simple Cabbage Pult. However, that was a learning experience for me so I'll go with more expensive and effective plants now :)

The Sun-shrooms on 2nd and 5th rows are fully grown so they will produce a lot of sun power.
You can easily stall the game with Potato Mines and Iceberg Lettuce to get your economy going with Sun-shrooms while destroying marked graves with Puff-shrooms and Grave Busters. The last two plants cost 0 sun so you will build up a stable economy in no time to finally start on your offensive plants. Don't forget though that Puff-shrooms have timers. They remain on the board for only a limited time so don't forget to replace them when they vanish. 

So far I'm very satisfied with Dark Ages Part 1 and I can't wait for Part 2. There is no official release date information about Dark Ages Part 2 but I'll make sure to update you as more information becomes available. 

Comments