Featured Post

So, When Will AMC's New Series "Turn" Start Collecting Awards?


I think AMC has some sort of an aura. I can't believe that a channel could be blessed with so many magnificent shows. Whatever they do, after show after show they just hit the jackpot for me, with the exception of maybe Mad Men.

AMC's new drama series, Turn, following the story of Abe Woodhull, a farmer living among the colonists in New York who is later recruited as a spy for Washington by his childhood friends who have enlisted in the war against Britain to win their independence, managed to hit that jackpot for me.

While the premier of the show started rather slow early on, that is a given for all pilot episodes. However, towards the middle of the episode, its potential to achieve success kept increasing after every minute. So now I started asking myself, when will I start seeing Turn winning awards? Because I strongly believe it will start grabbing them in the future. The character development is great, I loved the plot of the show. I really like spy type of movies/TV shows but Turn takes that even further for me as I believe it's much more original than your regular spy movies/shows.

I loved the acting as well. I've been following Jamie Bell ever since his BAFTA winning performance in Billy Elliot, one of my favourite movies, when he was just a child. I really love seeing more of him now in serious projects like Filth, Snowpierce and Turn. I just hated seeing his talent go to waste in movies like Tin Tin and possibly Fantastic Four in the future...He has done a marvelous job in Turn among all the other actors. I particularly enjoyed the performance of Kevin McNally as Abe's father who pledged allegiance to Britain. I really loved the dynamic between Jamie and Kevin and I can't wait to see what will happen now especially following the end of the first episode. 

Anyway that was just a quick expression of what I thought about Turn. Full of potential for great story telling and character development. If spy stories are your cup of tea, give this a go. I doubt that you'll be left disappointed.

PS: I prefer to use red colour on my links because; as my theme is rather dark coloured, dark blue can easily be missed. That's why I choose red, just so you know...

Comments