Featured Post

Big Chief Releases Sherlock Holmes and John Watson Action Figures

Have you been a fan of BBC's Sherlock series and thought how cute it would be to have Sherlock's and Watson's miniature versions to be a part of your figure collection to display them with pride? Well start making some space on your shelves because Big Chief has got just the thing for you!


Yes it is right, the highly acclaimed series Sherlock is getting its very own two limited edition 1/6 scale collector figures. I must admit it was high time they did something like this. I don't even know what the delay was. However there is a BIG gap! And I mean a veeeery BIG gap. Excuse me but where the hell is Moriarty figure????? I'm still going totally bonkers here! Ok now that I got this out of my chest I can actually continue describing these figures. But don't even think for a second that I'm okay with the fact that there still isn't a Moriarty figure!

Let's take a look at Sherlock now:


Specification

Size: 12"
Weight: 1.20 kg
1 x Sherlock Holmes Head Portrait featuring an Authentic Likeness of Benedict Cumberbatch
1 x Scarf
1 x Woollen Effect Trench Coat
1 x Tailored Suit Jacket
1 x Pair of Tailored Suit Trousers
1 x Tailored Shirt
1 x Pair of Gentleman’s Shoes
1 x Pair of Sock Tubes (Partial)
4 x Interchangeable Gloved Hands
4 x Interchangeable Hands
1 x Display Base

Accessories

1 x Violin with Bow
1 x Note Pad
1 x Pen
1 x Magnifier
1 x Smart Phone
1 x Wristwatch
1 x Human Skull
1 x 221B Flat Interior Printed Card Backdrop


As you can see there is even a cardboard with Sherlock's flat interior for maximum authenticity. I just love it when they add backgrounds like that to figures. As for the figure itself for someone who is used to Hot Toys premium figures I was kind of disappointed with Sherlock's head sculpture but this doesn't mean it is bad! It certainly is not and there is actually a remarkable similarity with Benedict Cumberbatch. The paint application has been done quite well and I love how realistic his famous coat and scarf look. It is also very appealing that they added little accessories to increase the poses you can display your figure in. He has a smartphone, watch, human skull and pen. Violin, notepad and magnifying glass were to be expected of course. His coat and scarf can be taken off if desired. 

I really can't help but go mental over the fact that the right chair in the flat print is empty!!!! Well the left chair is also empty but it should be as you'd be displaying its rightful owner on your shelf. But that chair on the right belongs to Moriarty so that cardboard interior seems completely useless and empty to me without him!!! :@ (I am going to keep complaining about this!)

And here's a closer look at Watson:




Specification

Size: 12"
Weight: 1.20 kg
1 x Dr. John Watson Head Portrait featuring an Authentic Likeness of Martin Freeman
1 x Black Shooting Jacket
1 x Sweater
1 x Pair of Denim Jeans
1 x Plaid Patterned Shirt
1 x Pair of Hi-top Boots
1 x Pair of Sock Tubes (Partial)
8 x Interchangeable Hands
1 x Display Base

Accessories

1 x Laptop with Flip-up Screen
1 x Pistol with Removable Magazine Clip
1 x Mug with Military Crest
1 x Smart Phone
1 x Torch
1 x Wristwatch
1 x Walking Stick
1 x 221B Flat Interior Printed Card Backdrop





I just love the little details on Watson's accessories. Especially the open page of John Watson's blog is a really nice touch but it seems a bit daft considering there is not a table to place the laptop on. I guess you can just pose Watson in a sitting position with his cup on one hand while the other one is typing on his laptop sitting on his lap. That could look cute :D And let's not forget about his gun that he always has close to his reach, removable magazine clip is definitely a nice little detail. Gun along with the torch will certainly create a nice pose for him. I reserve the same thoughts about the head sculpture though. It isn't not bad at all. You can clearly notice the likeness with Martin Freeman and it looks quite good. However if I really had to choose one, I'd say that Sherlock's head sculpt is more successful and realistic than Watson's but that's just me. I quite enjoyed the little details on his shoes as well. I've got one silly thought though. Wouldn't it be hilarious if Watson had a tshirt that said "I don't know" on the front and "I still don't know" on the back as an accessory? I think it would be great.

Now in my opinion the best feature of these figures is that there are two versions of them. First one is Limited Edition and the second one is Signature Edition. Upon purchasing you can choose one of the 400 Signature Edition versions by paying extra. What's different about these signature edition figures is that as the name suggests they come with a plaque stand that has been hand signed by the actors Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. These plaques aren't available for limited edition versions of course.

If you wish to pre-order here are the links for Signature Edition and Limited Edition. You might want to hurry with Signature Edition as Sherlock Holmes is already sold out. But you can still buy them as a pair.

Here are more pictures of the figures in different poses. Enjoy and let me know if you decide to buy one of these babies! 



Comments

  1. can't wait to have a Sherlock figure next to our One Piece crew :) also lego was considering making Sherlock legos: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/sherlock-legos-being-considered-678098

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did notice that one of the Lego finalists was a Sherlock replica. But if the final product did actually look like in those pictures then I would be greatly disappointed. After seeing outstanding Lego replicas of, for example, The Simpsons, Sherlock Legos will definitely leave the fans/customers wishing for much better quality. If they were voted to be chosen for production of course. The voting results will be announced mid-2014.

      These Big Chief figures do look amazing though. But again I want to take the time to complain here. Where is Moriarty? I would have bought the signature version the second it was official and available for purchase...

      If you decide to buy these figures, feel free to share a picture :D I wouldn't mind seeing your One Piece crew either ;)

      Delete
    2. you are right, they should abslolutely make Moriarty, too.

      I tried to send my One Piece crew, but i guess I can't attach my photo to comment :(

      Delete
    3. No I don't think you can attach a photo on the comment section but you can give a link by using websites such as imgur or imageshack :)

      Delete

Post a Comment