Featured Post

I Became a Better Gamer

I feel like I am improving as a gamer and I admit that this feels amazing. I remember a time about 6-7 years ago when I played Mafia II religiously during high school. I have loved and enjoyed the game so much that I finished it 3 times. Once on easy difficulty and twice on medium difficulty. I also started my 4th playthrough on hardest difficulty but I hit a brick wall on Chapter 14 and the name of that brick wall was Derek! I got stuck on him for weeks until I had enough and quit the game. I always felt like the game was unfinished despite my previous completions.


However, I recently obtained Mafia II on Steam and decided to go for its achievements. As there was an achievement to finish the game on hardest difficulty I started my gameplay on hard, the same difficulty I got stuck on for weeks in the past. I was so dedicated to my cause this time and no matter how long it would take I would finish the game on hard! And I did! 


To my utter shock and surprise I actually managed to finish chapter 14 on on my very first attempt. Previous chapters weren't hard at all even on hardest difficulty. This game is actually one of the easiest games to finish on hardest difficulty (except chapter 14 and then 15). I struggled a little bit at the start of Chapter 15 but again to my surprise for the 2nd time I passed the last boss fight on my very first attempt. I don't know what's going on but it feels great to be able to take my previous performance to the next level.


I'm a Stealth purist, I only ever enjoy Stealth games and I don't like shooters or fast paced games. Considering that there is "shooting" involved in Mafia II, finishing this game on hardest difficulty feels like a pretty big triumph by my own standards and skill level. It feels truly incredible to finally get this done.

That being said, I am so pumped and ready for Mafia III. Just you wait for me Vito! I am gonna fangirl the hell out of you and give you every single territory I capture!

Ps, "Improved" in the title of the post is a reference to Abathur from StarCraft! ;)

Comments