Featured Post

Update on Thief Achievement Progress

I have played original Thief games during my childhood. I wasn't patient back then and I had trouble progressing especially on Stealth games so I never actually got a chance to finish original Thief games until years later during my university years. I had a blast because I started to fully appreciate the entertainment Stealth games can offer. 


There were a lot of negative feedback about the latest Thief game, especially from gamers who played the original games. But I do not let others make my own decisions so I picked up the game and started playing it. I am an achievement hunter so when I play a game, I try to get 100% Steam achievements if it's doable and Thief looks doable.

My first playthrough in Thief is completed. It was not that enjoyable as I focused more on collecting stuff (and by collecting I mean stealing stuff) and discovering secret rooms and passages rather than Stealth. Some collectibles were protected so I had to either distract guards or take them down both of which are something I don't like doing in my Stealth game. The 2nd playthrough will be Stealth purism at its finest though!! 


The 2nd playthrough will be done to earn an achievement for finishing the game on custom difficulty settings with 700 points or higher. In order to reach a minimum of 700 points, you need Expert difficulty (Expert is the highest difficulty in game). I seriously love the idea of custom difficulty options. On top of highest difficulty the game allows you to make it even more challenging with additional difficulty options. The custom difficulty options I chose for my playthrough are as follows:

  • No Kills or Knockouts
  • No Alerts
  • No Upgrades
  • No focus
  • Stealth Takedowns Only
  • No Reticle
  • Speciality Arrows Only
  • No Food or Poppies
  • Zero Damage
  • Expensive Resources

 Now we're talking!!!!

Comments