Featured Post

Who Got Lucilled by Negan in The Walking Dead Season 6 Finale?

I've taken another extended break from blogging it looks like but watching The Walking Dead Season 6 finale made me want to write a little bit about it and share my own theory regarding the cliffhanger.

Now before you keep reading there are obviously spoilers about The Walking Dead Season 6 Finale, dubbed "Last Day on Earth". So if you haven't watched the finale yet I suggest staying away, although the show is known to kill major characters in season finales and death is pretty expected so I guess there is no spoiler in that but who the victim will be!


First of all before sharing my theory about who got killed by Negan, I want to talk about the man of the hour himself! I really enjoyed Jeffrey Dean Morgan's portrayal of Negan. Now I haven't read the comics except for a couple of pages so while I agree that Jeffrey's body type doesn't match Negan's, which has been criticised by the comic fans, I still think he did a fantastic job. He truly made me feel terrorised, disgusted, scared and also at the same time utterly amazed, thrilled and positively stunned. I will definitely disagree with his language choice though. For a show that displays overwhelming amounts of blood, gore and violence to censor a couple of "Fucks" or "Dicks" only to opt for "Piss" is unbelievable to me. But it was announced that we'll get Negan's truly colourful language in The Walking Dead BluRay version so it is not a lost cause by any means. The show is being shot in two versions; yhr first one is "tamed and polite" Negan who sounds even nicer than me and the second version being included in BluRay will be the ultimate "full Negan experience". So I can't wait for that. I'd like to commend Jeffrey Dean Morgan once again for his brilliance with the role.

That being said let's talk about who his victim was in the finale. Spoiler from comics is incoming, when Negan is introduced in the comics, it's Glenn who ends up having a fatal date with Negan's beloved companion Lucille (I'm talking about his barbed wire baseball bat if you aren't aware...). But we know the show doesn't fully follow comics, nor should it. In the show it was Denise who died to an arrow on train tracks a couple of episodes ago; however, in comics the character who died there was actually Abraham. So it's already obvious that the showrunners don't want to truly stay loyal to comic material either. I agree with them on this because it's good to keep people guessing and surprise them once in a while.

Which brings me to my theory. Now we already know that The Walking Dead loves focusing on a particular character before killing them off. They've always done that so far. If you see some side or a newly introduced character who talks a lot, you can be sure that you will have to say goodbye to them very soon. Let's take a very brief look at who the previous episodes focused on: Abraham. Abraham has been a major focus for a number of episodes now especially with Maggie's pregnancy making him realise that he also wants to build a family and become a father.


The very last scene of The Walking Dead Season Finale was Negan saying"Look at that! Taking it like a champ!" when he was surprised that the person he was beating on managed to raise their head back up after his first blow. Now who would have this kind of strength? Maggie? The woman is almost dying from her pregnancy so no. Daryl? He's already wounded from getting shot, he can barely keep his chin up. Glenn? Don't make me laugh. Michonne? I seriously doubt that. I won't even talk about the other "potential victims" cause even the idea sounds utterly atrocious. Also let's not forget that Negan keeps a harem of women so it's highly unlikely that any female character was a victim. That leaves us: Abraham. 

Negan wants the group to know that he is THE BOSS. If we take a look at our group's reactions as he speaks, this can give us possible clues. Even Rick was trembling in shock and terror (best acting from Andrew Lincoln so far, huge respect to him!), everyone looked scared to death except... Yes, Abraham. He didn't even blink twice as Negan was playing eeny-meeny-miny-moe to choose his victim. Negan doesn't want to kill the group but he also will not want a potential rebel who can't even be intimidated by him given the circumstances.  


In final words; all of these little hints made me come up with this theory that I believe it was Abraham who got killed by Negan in the The Walking Dead season 6 finale. Whereas a close friend of mine, who doesn't read comics but is hugely spoiled by his comic reader friends, still supports the Glenn theory. We have a bet going on, so let's see who wins. The winner will get some cheap game from Steam :P

Now the wait starts :/

Comments