Featured Post

Hearthstone: First World Control Warrior Problems!!!

I have played Hearthstone ever since it was officially released (didn't play in beta stages). I have a completely free-to-play account and my problem was typical like any other f2p account. Not enough cards! Don't get me wrong, I still don't have enough cards (still no Ancient of Lores for example or Doomhammer so I can't even play other classes to their fullest potential). I am a player who got Nozdormu as her first legendary and didn't get anything else for at least 3-4 months until I somehow managed to gather 1600 dust for Ragnaros! My first ever legendary that I could finally put into some use. (Mine doesn't snipe like Amaz's by the way... so not even sure if he's that useful!!)

However, after a lot of blood and sweat alongside a massive amount of time put into the game, I finally manage to get together a good Control Warrior deck. I am still missing some legendaries such as Ysera, Black Knight, Hogger, Harrison Jones and Baron Geddon for different Control Warrior variations; however, I have most of the legendaries required for the deck from Ragnaros to Sylvanas, Alexstrazsa, Cairne and last but not least Grommash (not counting Loatheb).

I got these cards strictly from a free-to-play account and I've never spent any dime on the game. Now this post isn't about me finally being able to play Control Warrior, because I've already been doing that for a couple of months now (Only I crafted Alex about a week ago). The purpose of this post is; to talk about me not predicting this day would ever come. I don't even know whether to be happy or not. Check the screenshot below to see what I am trying to talk about:

Don't mock my low rank, I only play the game to do dailies. Warrior is the only class I play in ranked and I don't even play that if the daily quest doesn't involve Warrior.
If you didn't understand what I am trying to tell you by looking at the picture, let me elaborate a little bit. And here comes the first world Warrior problems so beware! TOO MANY LEGENDARIES. Hey, I live in a 3rd world country so I should at least have the right to complain about first world problems I encounter even if it's in a game, as it kind of makes me feel better about the whole thing :D

You can see my starting hand in that game. Against a Shaman too out of all other classes. Warrior is already at a big disadvantage against a Shaman and even if I had a flicker of hope, could you ever imagine me getting out of this game alive with that starting hand? Loatheb, Cairne, Grommash, Ragnaros and Sylvanas. Alexstrazsa is the only legendary I am missing in my hand! I never thought I would have problems in the game due to a hand filled with incredibly expensive legendaries. By the way, here is the shocker, I DID lose the game! :) Pretty horribly too by turn 8-9 cause Shaman had Hex, Earth Shock and what not by the time I could play something on my board. It was brutal. Not even Brawl to somehow reset the board. All my legendaries were in my hand but Brawl, the most useful card against a Shaman was most likely at the bottom of my deck :D

Now, I am not complaining or whining here. Bad starting hands happen, this is a card game after all. I just never thought I would encounter problems in the game due to having too many legendaries so I just wanted to share this with you. As I said before, I am not even sure whether to be happy about this or not but I am chuffed that I can finally play Control Warrior despite still missing a couple of cards. It is a very entertaining deck and I really enjoy heavily controlled games. Brainless Zoo or Huntards aren't for me! At least I get to have first world problems with Control Warrior as well! :) Something I will NEVER have in my real life!

Comments